Checking your electrical panel from time to time is the best thing you can do as a homeowner in order to save you both a headache and costly repair in the future. Your electrical service, meter, panel, and breakers are the heart of your home. These devices keep you connected to the world, provide light, help heat, cool and provide the luxury of a comfortable home.
So what can water damage do to your panel?
- Water damage to your electrical panel and breakers can cause the contact points to corrode.
- Corroded contact points inside your electrical panel can cause your lights to flicker or shut off completely.
- Over the long term, if you do not repair your electrical panel, water will continue to cause extensive damage leading to a major costly repair.
- Often you will find that your breakers are not operating as they were designed, leading to the first indication of water damage. Helping to stop the water source leak before it’s too late will prevent having to replace / install new breakers in your electrical panel.
- Be sure to monitor your electrical panel from time to time as most people don’t miss electricity until it stops working. Monitor your electrical panel for water, decay, and rot.
- From time to time, we arrive at clients home, to find out that critters and birds alike have created a nest or home for themselves in the electrical panel and/or meter outside your home.
If you think there is an issue with your electrical panel, or you start to see the start of damage, or the introduction of water in places there shouldn’t be any, please do not hesitate to call us for a free estimate.